Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Bon Appetit!

Welcome fellow lovers of fine food. I live in Cairns, North Queensland, and it has long been a bug bear of mine that my beloved town is a bit hit and miss when it comes to the high art of the cooking and purveying of food (and all the attendant fun and frippery). I therefore vow to do my humble best to give you a guide to all that is good, and indeed all that is woeful in this city and the surrounding gloriousness that is North Queensland.

So, to all ye who wield a knife and wear the checked pants of that noble profession, beware, Sweet Madelaine is at large. To all ye waiters, best ye wear a smile (and get ye the drinks to the table on time), I am hungry, and I carry a pen.

Reviews will be posted on Sundays. All questions and comments will be answered.

3 comments:

Jazz said...

Finally! I have had much dilemma in the past recommending somewhere to eat to friends and vistors alike. No one has time for the hit & miss that is Cairns dining-out. Most just want something fun, value and nutritious. Life short... Bravo Madeliene x

Sweet Madelaine said...

Thank you jazz, and welcome. Life is short, is it not? I shall bravely and willingly venture forth and, in the name of food lovers everywhere, do my humble best to seek out the best that Cairns has to offer.
Fun, value and nutrition are good criteria. I would also hope for salubrious surroundings, staff who know their business and, of course food which TASTES good.

Anonymous said...

Great job on the site, it looks wonderful. I am going to bookmark it and will make sure to check often