Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas looms. Tra la.

Hello, friends - woeful news, I have not been out to dinner in the past week. What with a sick child, extra work and putting up the Christmas tree and lights (yes I know it's early but she is seven and sick and has somehow learnt the lash-fluttering thing already), I haven't had the opportunity. Oh, and regarding the lights, they are clear and static fairy lights, one set curlicued over and around our front patio. I can't abide these flashing mismatched conglomerations we see every year yet my daughter adores them. The fairy lights are a compromise. I won't budge further on this.

So, no review this week, though, as always, I am preoccupied with food, in this case, what to do for Christmas. We celebrate on Christmas Eve in the European style, thus leaving Christmas day free for swimming, lounging and all things hedonistic, with the responsibility of feeding the hordes happily met. We feast on leftovers, drink champagne and laugh a lot while the children splash around. Happy days.

The food then. Well, there will be ham (usually baked with some sort of glaze and served not hot but warmish), there will of course be seafood, and there will not be turkey but yes, chicken. I'm not sure exactly how I will do these things as yet but am whimsically considering paella at present. I will possibly be shouted down on this one. All of this, of course, gives me the excuse to troll through my rather extensive collection of cookbooks, something I can happily spend hours doing.

Amidst all this I shall venture out and dine, a new review the purpose. Here's to expectations being met.

Salut.

No comments: